Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

AOTM June 2012

AOTM of the Month - June 2012
Martin Brody


Introduce yourself

My journey into oil painting started after I watched an programme on sky called Bob Ross, he made it look so easy and quick using an method called “wet on wet” and I thought I could do that so I went out and purchased a starter kit, sat in my shed and learnt how to paint.

The secret to this technique lies in the base medium – a thin oil base, often white in colour, applied direct to the primed canvas. This is the first layer of “wet”. Thick oil paints are applied on top of this base, making it easy to move, mix and blend colour direct on the canvas with just a few stokes of the brush. This is the second layer of “wet” – hence the wet on wet technique


When and how did you get started in your art/craft?

Started around 4 years ago like i said before by going out purchasing a started kit and practicing



Have you had any lessons?  Where do you get your knowledge from?

Yes I have attended lessons especially on the portrait side from a lady called Valerie Stewart who is American, she was absolutely brilliant, after the lessons I purchased CD’s, took them home, studies and practice again and again and again

Are there any artist / crafters you admire? What for?

Bob Ross &Valarie Stewart for making painting oils easy and more importantly enjoyable to do
Where do you get your inspiration from?

My inspiration comes from my mother who had a “can do attitude” if you want to do something go out and try it, if you find you don’t like it cross it off your list and go onto the next one

Which piece are you most proud of - can you tell us the story behind it?

Two portraits, one of my mother and the other of my wife, both done together in 3 days, taking a blank canvas and turning into something everyone reorganises and true to the original photo is the best feeling



What are you currently working on?

I am concentrating on landscapes especially now the warm weather is approaching us, light bright skies and lovely seascapes

Where can we find more of your work?

I have not managed to promote any of my work at present but if you would like a commission piece, please contact Louise at tootsieshandmade @ live.co.uk



Martin Brody


..... next month I hopefully will have a wonderful designer/crafter of fabrics :)

If you feel there maybe someone who would like to be apart of this, please contact me tootsieshandmade@live.co.uk with their details so I can check out their work and get something set up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment