Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

My Very First Furniture Renewal Project

I decided only about 5 weeks ago that I wanted to try create my very first 'Shabby Chic' project, so off I went looking for something to buy, because i just moved home I didnt have a wardrobe and did not have the funds to buy a new one.... so this project was ideal!!!

I managed to find a lovely 50s/60s style wardrobe with a curved top door and working key lock on ebay and it was only about 25miles away so I bid and won it at a very very good price :)

I picked it up one afternoon and 3 weeks on I have almost finished it and I am very pleased with the outcome.... because of the weather turning to miserable rain I had to get it in from the garden which meant I have not been able to finish waxing it but I cannot wait any longer I have to show you all :)

And as you will see its rather large... I wont even go into detail on how I managed or didnt manage to get it up the stairs first time haha!!

Here is a step by step photo gallery of my first project... I hope you like :) because I LOVE IT!!!

From This......

 


To this......


and Finally .....



What do you think??? :D


4 comments:

  1. Love it, well done Louise!!!! Where do your talents end?!!!

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite sure Sharon, maybe im jack of all master of none!! but I love what I do... if only I could do it full time :( lol x

    p.s. I have another 4 items to finish; watch this space :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a nest of ugly dark oak tables at a charity shop a while ago. They are now being painted in an Annie Sloan crram paint. Can't wait till they're done ; ) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will look gorgeous I bet... cant wait to see them too x

    ReplyDelete